Monday 27 September 2010

Tick Tock

Arghh, I cannot believe it's quarter past 5! But the watch around my neck tells me it is, so it must be!

How was your weekend, everyone? What did you get up to?

I went shopping on Saturday with my bestest friend, despite the fact I was a bit snotty (Ok, a LOT. Shut up Charlie). We went on a road trip to Milton Keynes - very random but great! My only regret is that we were far too cold to explore outside and look at the markets and hunt down any independent little shops, so we had to stick to the giants. If I'd bought this amazing Yumi coat last week I could have coped. I love that our Aspire shops are so well placed - not on the outskirts of a town with a big shopping centre which is sadly where a lot of independent retailers end up due to ludicrous rent costs.

Are any of you independent retailers waiting to win Lotto and get a big store?

I'm much, much poorer than I felt at the end of last week. Did I really need 5 long sleeved t-shirts, yet more leggings, three pairs of over-the-knee socks and black wellies?? Winter terrifies me. On a happier note, though, I'm feeling much healthier thanks to all the special tea I've been drinking and far too much Olbas Oil. Note to all readers: never touch your eye with an Olbas Oil finger, or take the "sprinkle 3 drops on your pillow" to mean "pour the whole bottle on your pillow, then enjoy rolling over in the night and getting it in your eyes, ears, mouth, and really not that much up your nose".

Anyway, the weekend is over, and I came in to what is becoming my usual Monday of a gazillion internet orders and lots of emails. Big sellers this weekend have been this Flutters and Fancies satchel and yet more tea towels. What's with the tea towels, everyone?? Lots more people emailing to be on the waiting list for the Paper Plane purse - and I'm one of them!

Nearly home time now, and to me, that means go downstairs and buy the following items:
Lovely soft Yumi jacket - because I really am very cold,
Antique watch necklace - because my friend will kill me if she doesn't get her hands on one soon, and
Tea with the Queen tea towel - because, well, if everyone is....

Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment